This is an invitation to attend RECPAD 2013 Conference.
RecPad is the Portuguese Conference on Pattern Recognition, sponsored by APRP (Portuguese Association for Pattern Recognition). RecPad 2013 will take place at Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, in November 1, 2013, an one-day conference, with an invited talk and poster sessions.
RecPad promotes the collaboration between the Portuguese scientific community in the fields of Pattern Recognition, Image Analysis and Processing, Soft computing, and related areas with example topics such as:
- Feature extraction
- Feature selection
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Object recognition
- Face recognition, 3D face recognition
- Character recognition
- Gesture recognition
- Image understanding
- Machine vision, Computer vision
- Statistical methods, Statistical estimation
- Image Description and Recognition
- Information Theory
- Sensors, Sensor Fusion
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Intelligent systems, Soft Computing techniques
- Neural Network architectures
- Fuzzy logic, Fuzzy image processing
- Data mining
- Image enhancement. Restoration and segmentation
- Blind signal separation (BSS), Blind deconvolution
The works should be submitted as extended abstracts for consideration by the Technical Program Committee. The accepted papers will be compiled and distributed only in electronic format. The program of the conference is designed to allow traveling to Lisbon in the same day of the conference.
It is an ideal time for socializing and sharing experiences between young and senior researchers, showcasing their work and looking ahead to the future.
We all look forward to seeing you in November.
Organizing Committee, RECPAD 2013